NORWAY SKI ROAD TRIP, EPIC SKIING EXPERIENCE
Norway is Northern Europe powder skiing paradise! Unlike those standard holiday retreats scattered across the Swiss, French and Austrian Alps, Norway has so far been able to stay a hidden secret on the global radar for ski destinations. This has led to a unique environment, where mountains are with fewer crowds, more fresh powder, and filled with a seemingly endless amount of pristine wilderness experiences. Join us for winter 2021 to explore this last frontier of culture, nature and more.
Our 9-day road trip starts in Bergen, otherwise known as the Gateway to the Fjords. From here we travel through the spectacular landscapes of Western Norway – a varying nature that combines scenic farmland, vast plateaus, towering mountains and crystal clear rivers.
THE FJORD POWDER HIGHWAY
The journey operates as a one-way, and will be divided among some of the country’s top ski destinations: the Voss, Myrkdalen, Sogndal & Stranda Ski Resorts, eventually ending in the beautiful city of Ålesund. These resorts are considered powder paradises and showcase some of the best conditions, views and culture of Norway’s fjord region. If the Norse Gods give us favorable weather conditions, along the way we may even get to witness the indescribable light show put on by the famous Aurora Borealis.
As a local tour operator with a deep love for Norway, it comes without question that our multi-day ski tour offers much more than just skiing. As we explore quaint villages and small towns, the journey will also offer powerful fjord landscapes, cultural history, traditional food, local beer, and inspiring stories that will stick with you for a lifetime.
Serving small and intimate group of like-minded people who value quality time spent in the mountains, the journey’s goal will be fine-tuned at the start of the trip. This will allow us to focus on what type of skiing we collectively prefer to pursue, be that days spent on the resort slopes, chasing fresh white powder, or working up a sweat in the backcountry.
Outside of the skiing, the road tripping aspect of this multi-day tour stands as a highlight for all the senses. Some of the sites that may be featured on the journey include:
- Bryggen, a series of hanseatic heritage commercial buildings lining the Bergen central harbor, listed as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site since 1979.
- Osterøy, the largest inland island in northern Europe.
- Lærdal Tunnel, the longest road tunnel in the world
- Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2005, home to the famous Seven Sisters Waterfall
- Sognefjord, the largest fjord in Norway and second largest in the world.
- Lovatnet, a lake famous for its blue waters, notably fed by the surrounding waterfalls and glaciers, namely Jostedalsbreen and Tindefjellbreen.
- Sunnmørsalpane, a collective term for the mountains range that resembles the Alps, encircling the Hjørundfjorden, with peaks reaching 1,700 meters (5,600 ft.) straight up from the fjord.
- Aksla Viewpoint, 418 steps to reach the iconic panoramic viewpoint over the city of Ålesund and the surrounding mountains.
Whether you are an intermediate or advanced skier, our guides will be by your side to ensure that your trip through the mountains is exciting, memorable and, above all else, safe. Due to the terrain of Norwegian mountains, we require that each guest has had some type of prior experience off-piste and powder skiing. The more experience you have in backcountry terrain and the higher your fitness level, the more terrain we can cover skiing. Ultimately there is no minimum age, as long as there is a reliable level of fitness and familiarity on skis.
If you are a company looking for private coaching, or a group of beginners looking to advance your skills, shoot us an email to discuss our other options