BACKCOUNTRY SKI TOUR – ADVANCED
Join us winter 2021 for an exclusive backcountry day tour through the incredible mountains surrounding Voss. This trip is designed specifically for those who have extensive experience in the backcountry and are looking for long days with endless powder and steep drops.
Our local guides will have two objectives on every trip: providing you with the best possible experience, and keeping you safe. That is why for our big mountain runs, we require a good level of skiing and/or riding, no exceptions. These days will include long ascents that require both a high level of fitness and previous hours spent hiking in backcountry conditions.
DATES & DESTINATIONS
Our Experienced/Advanced backcountry excursions are available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from December to April. We will determine where the ski tour will take place 48-hours before the assigned departure time. Our decision will be based on the group’s wishes, as well as the weather, snow conditions and avalanche forecast. You will find the list of possible destinations listed below.
- Mount Oksen (Hardangerfjord)
- Lønahorgi – Voss to Afdal traverse
- Raundalen mountain range
- Sognefjord, mountain range in the south side of
There are few other hidden gems in the area and we do not make it public at web or social platforms. After your booking is made our staff will contact you 48 hrs before the tour to discuss the better options for the date set. ;)
Tours will normally start at 8:30am and end around 4pm. During the late winter and spring seasons, tours may be extended due to the increased amount of daylight hours. The meeting point will always be in Voss, at tourist information centre. Pick-ups for those staying outside of Voss town can be arranged upon special request.
1 person: 1.500/day per person
Are you a group of 3 or more persons or you simply want to be sure that your guide will adjust the trip and pace according to your specific wishes? Book your private guide!
Prices start at 4.500kr per day. Price per person decreases as group size increases. Prices are listed in NOK (Norwegian Kroner) and are based on the hire of one guide per group.
- Up to 3 people: 4.500/day per group
- 4 people: 5.500/day per group
- 5 people: 6.000/day per group
- 6 people: 6.500/day per group
For safety reasons, our guide ratio is 6 persons per group. If two or more guides need to be booked, each group will receive a 5% discount.
If an overnight trip is chosen an additional NOK 2.000 will be added per guide to cover accommodation costs.
- Private guide
- Transportation (from Voss town)
- Lunch, beverages and snacks
- Avalanche safety kit (beacon, shovel, probe and backpack) You can rental this with us
- Lift tickets (should you want to ski near the local resort)
- Accident/travel insurance (one which specifically covers skiing)
- Transportation costs if staying at a location outside of Voss town
- Equipment, clothing, or rental fees
If you’re in need of equipment see our rental offers table below or please contact our staff to discuss the rental options in our area. Otherwise, minimum gear requirements include:
- Skis with walk bindings (alpine touring, Telemark or split-board set up)
- Climbing skins
- Ski boots, poles & helmet
- Avalanche safety kit (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Personal backpack
(all the items above you can rental this with us, prices below)
- Shell jacket with hood (water & windproof)
- Shell pants or bibs
- Down or synthetic jacket
- Mid-layer sweater or vest (if its too cold)
- Base layers, wool is best
- Gloves, hat, socks, goggles & sunglasses for the hiking up if is a sunny day
Ready to get your backcountry adventure started? Send an email to [email protected] with your requested date(s) and we will get back to you within 24 hours!
Looking for even more adventure? If you would prefer a 9-day ski holiday across Western Norway’s Fjord Region, please check our Norway Ski Road Trip!