BACKCOUNTRY SKI TOUR – ADVANCED
Join us winter 2021 for an exclusive backcountry day tour through the incredible mountains surrounding Voss. This trip is designed specifically for those who have extensive experience in the backcountry and are looking for long days with endless powder and steep drops.
Our local guides will have two objectives on every trip: providing you with the best possible experience, and keeping you safe. That is why for our big mountain runs, we require a good level of skiing and/or riding, no exceptions. These days will include long ascents that require both a high level of fitness and previous hours spent hiking in backcountry conditions.
DATES & DESTINATIONS
Our Experienced/Advanced backcountry excursions are available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from December to April. We will determine where the ski tour will take place 48-hours before the assigned departure time. Our decision will be based on the group’s wishes, as well as the weather, snow conditions and avalanche forecast. You will find the list of possible destinations listed below.
- Mount Oksen (Hardangerfjord)
- Lønahorgi – Afdal traverse
- Raundalen Mountains
- Sognfjord Mountains
Tours will normally start at 8:30am and end around 4pm. During the late winter and spring seasons, tours may be extended due to the increased amount of daylight hours. The meeting point will always be in Voss. Pick-ups for those staying outside of Voss can be arranged upon special request.
Prices start at 4.000kr per day. Price per person decreases as group size increases. Prices are listed in NOK (Norwegian Kroner) and are based on the hire of one guide per group. For safety reasons, no more than 6 persons can be booked per group. If two or more guides need to be booked, each group will receive a 5% discount. If an overnight trip is chosen an additional 1.500kr will be added per guide to cover accommodation costs.
- 1 person: 4.000/day
- 2 people: 4.500/day per group
- 3 people: 5.000/day per group
- 4 people: 5.500/day per group
- 5 people: 6.000/day per group
- 6 people: 6.500/day per group
- Private guide
- Transportation (from Voss center)
- Avalanche safety kit (beacon, shovel, probe and day-pack)
- Lunch, beverages and snacks
- Lift tickets (should you want to ski near the local resort)
- Accident/travel insurance (one which specifically covers skiing)
- Transportation costs (if staying at a location outside of Voss)
- Accommodation costs
- Equipment, clothing, or rental fees
If you’re in need of equipment, please contact our staff to discuss the rental options in our area. Otherwise, minimum gear requirements include:
- Skis and bindings (alpine touring, Telemark or split-board set up)
- Climbing skins
- Ski boots, poles & helmet
- Shell jacket with hood, water & windproof
- Shell pants or bibs, Gore-Tex recommended for ventilation
- Down or synthetic jacket
- Mid-layer sweater or vest
- Base layers, wool is best
- Gloves, hat, socks, sunglasses & goggles
- Personal backpack
Ready to get your backcountry adventure started? Send an email to [email protected] with your requested date(s) and we will get back to you within 24 hours!
Looking for even more adventure? If you would prefer a 9-day ski holiday across Western Norway’s Fjord Region, please check our Norway Ski Road Trip!